Monday, March 12, 2012

Laughing at LaRosa's

I'm breaking our "mostly" Media-Free Mondays in order to share a great moment that happened this evening at dinner. We were dining at LaRosa's at the end of an afternoon of grocery shopping (ironic, I know!) and there was a moment...just a moment...when I almost snorted my mouthful of food up through my nose and I realized the other five members of my family were all laughing just as hard as I was and I felt the Spirit's nudge say, "This is it!"

Reflecting on our way home, I realized He was making me aware in the moment it happened, just how thankful I am that my kids are 8, 11, 13 and 16, and along with their dad and I, we can all still have dinner and enjoy being together. Oh, we're not perfect...we squabble our fair share...but on this night...at that moment...we were all having a really great belly-laugh! The additional blessing God's Spirit reminded me of was that I had asked Him this morning to show me His glory. Today, He just happened to express it in laughter that was so hard, I almost choked! Ha!

Yeah...we do some weird things, like home school, volunteer together as a family, eat different than a lot of folks and practice "mostly" Media-Free Mondays...but today, I decided it just may be worth it all!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really encouraging! I think 'mostly' media free Mondays is a grand idea! ......Don't tell Tyler I said so..... :)

    ReplyDelete