Saturday, February 5, 2011

And Yes, He's Faithful to Others Too!

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and it came around to how I'd lost my focus. I shared with my friend how I really wanted to do something to help a single mom I know with a gas gift card, but that we're struggling so much I didn't know where it would come from.

My friend looks at me with all seriousness and says, 'Do you know that ---- needs a gas card?' It caught me so off-guard, I'm afraid I replied rather smartly, "Well, it's not like I can call and ask her if she needs it." After we both nervously chuckled, my friend said, 'What I mean is, do you think she could use it?' I replied, "I don't know, but I do know she justs keeps coming to mind and I'd like to get her a gas gift card."

My friend proceeds to tell me that they'd recently been given some cash and knew they needed to "do something with it" and maybe this was it. I was floored...an innocent comment about my desire (but lack of ability) to help someone made just the connection that Holy Spirit wanted to make.

So I bought the card (with my friend's money) and planned on mailing it anonymously. But after a few days passed, I felt like for some reason I was supposed to give it to my single friend in person. I do try to mix up the delivery methods for surprise gifts, but have never done it personally and didn't understand why I was feeling this leading. But I wanted to obey.

I had a few other things to give her already and just threw the card in the bag along with the other stuff (coupons, etc.). When I handed her the bag, I told her the things I'd put in and stated that there was something else in it from someone other than us. She was thankful of course...as I knew she would be. But...

she had a brief moment to share with me later that morning that while she's always thankful for any surprise gifts, she hadn't been receiving things like this for a few months. And while she knew that may be an indication of the direction Holy Spirit wants her to go, she couldn't help but worry about finances a little. And one area she's been concerned about was, you guessed it, gas money.

Wow! I was blown away.

Now, I hope I haven't betrayed any confidences by relaying this. And I hope if my two friends that were involved in this situation read this post, they can forgive me for putting these conversations out there to be read. I just know that there is someone out there that needs to be assured that when Holy Spirit tells you to give there's not only a reason...but also a way for Him to provide exactly what's needed!
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment