Saturday, June 16, 2012

Date Night

When you're the youngest of four, there aren't too many "firsts" to which you can lay claim. Such is the case with my almost nine year old, Leah.

She'll never be the first one to ride a roller coaster, go to Disney World, feed a duck or have a sleepover. In fact, as I've realized in the last few years, she even has missed out on some of the "firsts" the older kids have enjoyed. I always swore I'd never make the youngest one grow up just to accommodate the schedules of the "big kids". Unfortunately, to some degree...it just happens.

But thanks to our local Chick-fil-A, she experienced her very own "first" that no one can ever take away from her...a limo ride! Recently, I saw a mom we know from home school co-op post a link to a "Daddy-Daughter Date Night" on her Facebook page. Once I clicked on the link and found out what they were offering, I signed up Dale and Leah without even asking them. I absolutely knew Leah would eat up (no pun intended) the chance to have a "date" with her dad. And I was right.

What I didn't know was to what extent Chick-fil-A was going to go to make it a special night. Sure they gave the girls a flower, they brought your food to your table, they set the table nicely, there was a Princess Cow, and place mats with conversation starters were available too. But violin music? Wow! They really went above and beyond to make this a special event for the families...and it all started with a limo ride!

This was the first thing Leah shared with me...but she was so excited, she couldn't even verbalize it...she just handed me the ticket for the limo ride to see it for myself. I know my daughter pretty well and the euphoria from being treated like a princess will last a really long time. I truly do not think I've ever seen her face beaming before that night. It was a joy to see what a blast she had.

To top it all off, her sister, Abbey, had put up her hair and she wore a pretty sundress. But because the three older kids and I were out volunteering, we didn't get any photos of the event. Guess what? That's right...Chick-fil-A did! The best part?

It's in the limo!


2 comments:

  1. Your little girl, Leah, is utterly beautiful! Anyway, a limo ride as her first time “first” was perhaps her most memorable moment so far. Considering she shared that with her dad makes it even unforgettable. At least, there’s one photo of them inside the limo as a remembrance. I bet you all have a great day on that event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winning a date with her dad and riding a limo surely made the experience memorable to the both of them, especially Leah! Being the first to get a chance to ride a limo in the family, that’s something no one can ever take from her. I can just imagine her handing over the ticket for the limo ride with you wordlessly, out of excitement! She must have looked so adorable! And they definitely look like they were enjoying themselves in the limo, both her dad and Leah!

    ReplyDelete