Sunday, June 3, 2012

Doing What Matters...Watching the Clouds Roll By

As God's Spirit is daily reminding me and drawing me more and more into this new adventure of making everyday count, I have had so many words written and spoken urging me into a focus on doing things that will eternally matter. I hope to finish Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven, and review it soon...but, for now,  I can't help but share how in less than half of its pages I am challenged to become primarily Heaven minded.

I have to admit, I've been fighting with God over something too. I may share that later...for now, it's settled...and Praise Him...He won...but I'm still processing and probably wouldn't make much sense if I attempted to put it into words. At the center of this battle has been one theme, "Are you going to do what I say matters (being Heaven-minded) or are you going to listen to the voices of the culture telling you to follow them?"

I learned a long time ago, you can't mix God's ways and man's ways. My heart's desire is to follow God's. So today, I did a simple, yet profound for me thing. I set aside the computer for about 30 minutes...stopped indulging myself in me time and went outside with my eight year old, Leah. She was bored and honestly, a little annoying...and then in my head it just "clicked". I could continue to offer suggestions at which she balked...or I could go outside, lay on the grass on her Daddy's quilt and do something that regrettably, I've never done with her before...watch the clouds roll by.

Before I thought of taking pictures, we saw a rhino, Mickey Mouse, E.T., Cleo the poodle from the Clifford TV show, and Sid from the Ice Age movies. I leave you with some pictures that we took.

It was a good day...one that mattered!


A taco! I know, not very original.



A colonial mole, wearing a tri-corner hat, carrying a walking stick in front of him.
(We were becoming more imaginative with practice!)


A swimmer, cutting through the water, his face turned toward us and his arm, on top ready to come up over his head.


And this one? This one was just cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment