Saturday, March 2, 2013

NKU's Legally Blonde


Thanks to the generosity of a friend, Abbey and I were able to catch Northern Kentucky University's production of Legally Blonde. I've heard it's sold out and it only runs through tomorrow, so you may have missed this one, but I'd encourage to check out their shows in the future.

I'm not sure of the size of NKU's theatre department, but they pulled off a great show with over 100 costumes, 25 different locales to represent with scenery and 29 actors and two dogs playing over 80 characters. I can now honestly say I've seen a Broadway song performed while the singers are jumping rope. I know I'm getting older, but there has never been a time when physically I could have pulled that one off!

It was cute. It was funny. And it was done well. But I'll warn you it's not a show for you if you have delicate sensibilities. If you've seen the movie, starring Reese Witherspoon, you'll understand that this is not, The Sound of Music...but still enjoyable nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment