Monday, March 11, 2013

Daylight Savings Time

I don't know why this was first instituted and I'm sure I could google it to find out...but my family was doing very well getting up with the sun (when it was actually shining!) last week. One morning, all three of my girls were out of bed by 7:15 a.m. and the boy was up within the hour. This is how our bodies were created. Perfect harmony with nature and seasons also allows for sleeping more in the winter and less in the summer.

But arising an hour earlier for church yesterday and hanging out with their friends the whole afternoon was evidently sufficient cause for all four of my children to sleep-in this morning. The earliest was up at 9:50 and no one else surfaced for about 20 to 30 minutes. For a momma that has an eye appointment in the early afternoon, this means we have a day of school to make up on one of our scheduled break days.

Maybe DST is actually a government conspiracy to throw Christians off from their Sunday morning rituals. Or maybe...like the rest of the intelligent world...next time, we should call it a day off and just sleep in or at least start an hour later. Just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment