Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bedol Water Clock


I knew I would have difficulty keeping up with the My Favorite Things series during the 12 Days of Christmas. But I couldn't leave off without sharing just a a few more. 

This item is actually my husband's...purchased by me, for his Christmas gift. And yes, you read the title correctly: Bedol Water Clock.

My children are calling me a "hippie". I think I'm just dedicated to finding Earth-friendly alternatives to some of our standard products. Since I can't afford things like $3000 organic, non-toxic mattresses, I purchase the items that I can. 

The Bedol Water clock simply runs on water...no batteries, no electricity. Fill it up with tap water and the ions in the water keep it running for six months. You will see from the photo that he hasn't given up his traditional alarm clock yet. We are all so accustomed to the brightly lit time, that an adjustment period is expected.

But as I hope to get us back into the rhythm of nature, and the fact that Dale and I have rarely ever needed alarm clocks to arouse us, this clock is perfectly suited for helping us free up our dependence on electricity and even with power surges or outages (which have always been common in our complex), we won't have to fret about oversleeping.

If you would like an eco-friendly alternative for your alarm clock and at the same time reduce the electromagnetic frequencies running right next to your head, consider purchasing a Bedol Alarm Clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment