Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Book of Mormon


I had the opportunity to see The Book of Mormon Friday night at the Aronoff Theatre. It is a great show filled with amazing performances. I debated on whether to post a review or not, because throughout the satirical performance, most people I know would be offended at least in some way.

Written by the same creative team behind South Park, part of the "schtick" is shock-value. And it works. Very well.

There is not even a list of songs in the Playbill. I'm not certain why, but I'm just guessing that the song titles alone would give away too much of the story.

The acting, singing and dancing were phenomenal. I really think it was one of the most well-performed shows I've ever seen. I now understand why it won so many Tonys. And I don't know the background of the writers, but someone knew their Mormon stuff...right down to the holy underwear. That's right...holy underwear.

If you're in the Cincy area, if you don't mind to be at least partially offended and if you can still get tickets (most shows are already sold out, but there is a ticket lottery every night), I think you would enjoy this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment