Saturday, April 4, 2015

We Live In the Saturdays

Yesterday for Good Friday, I saw a lot of Facebook friends posting a very famous quote from an equally famous sermon that Tony Campolo shared many years ago:  "It's Friday, but Sunday's comin'!"

While Campolo is one of my favorite people, this morning something new was impressed upon me that maybe you've already realized, but was profound for me.

We live in the Saturdays.

On Friday, He left. 

On Sunday, He returned.

What did His followers do on Saturday? We aren't told.

I guess we have some advantages over the early disciples. 
  • He left, but by the power of the Holy Spirit, we're not alone.
  • We know He's coming back. Jesus told them, but it seems they either didn't listen, didn't understand or didn't believe.
So what did they do with their Saturday?

And what will we do with ours?


No comments:

Post a Comment