Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Too Anxious to Stay Inside



What do you do when life is changing soon and the anticipation of it is more than your passionate soul can bear? Do you stay inside and wade through hours of math, algebra and geometry with the kids? Or do you surprise them with a day of "going out", soaking up sun, eating tasty treats and contemplating how different your life will soon be?

The rhythms, the hums, the cadence of life is steady and sweet. The joy, the elation, the significance of what is about to happen is not lost on anyone. Friends and acquaintances almost cannot contain their excitement, so how can I?

God's plans are so much bigger, higher, deeper, wider and all-encompassing than I could ever ask or imagine. Every detail of what we thought we "wanted" and the things we didn't even think were askable are all on the table. Do you have an hour? Soon you can come sit on our front porch and I'll tell you how He did it. 

Come to think of it, an hour may not be long enough.

Sometimes what I thought I "needed" and what He wanted me to surrender to seemed vast, untameable and more complex than this hyper-analytical brain could comprehend. That's why He is God...and I am not. 

Sometimes I dragged my feet and buried my head because it was just all too good for me to take in. If I had just let You be God and gone along for the ride, how much more could I have learned, experienced and absorbed? But my failings, You don't hold against me.

When friends and total strangers tell me they see me "come alive" in the gifts You have given me, I need no more affirmation of what You've been speaking to my heart. I hear Rafiki from the Lion King say, "It is time."

And so it is.

We'll be leaving this home soon. It has been a place of healing, a place of immense growth. It has been a respite from a world that dug its claws into us and threatened to defeat us.

"But our God is greater. Our God is stronger. Our God is higher than any other." We sing those words in R3volution...but I have lived them.

Now, because of His faithfulness, not ours...we begin a new chapter. In this leg of the Journey, we not only continue to grow, but are granted the absolute privilege of pouring our lives out so that others can know that they are loved.

Follow us here. Check out my new gardening blog (coming soon). Come sit on our front porch, sip sweet tea, visit the garden, or stay for a spell and pour out your life too. I can promise you nothing...except the ride of a lifetime!





***********************************

Note about these photos:  I love this River...and we're moving nearer to it. We'll be only a 10-15 minute drive from downtown Cincy, or a 25 minute bus ride...which will be our new (highly anticipated!) way of getting there!





No comments:

Post a Comment