Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's Funny How HE Puts It All Together

SMX (the temp agency for Amazon.com that Dale is working through) had contacted me late last week to offer a PT evening position starting 8/17. Of course, I said I was still interested...but the thought was a little overwhelming.

Dale & I would never have a complete day off together; Basically, between school, household work & this job, I wouldn't have time for anything else; I would not be able to go to cell group anymore (and Dale doesn't get to go on Sundays so we'd never be engaged in one of these together); I wouldn't have time for hosting people in our home, helping single moms, or pursue whatever Holy Spirit is planning for us that I KNOW is coming.

So Monday, I felt like I was being called to fast on Tuesday morning. This is a relatively new experience for me, and I don't do it unless I feel Spirit-led. This is NOT something I can do in my own strength...if I try, I fail as soon as I wake up in the morning. But the last time, Holy Spirit helped me make it to 11 a.m....yesterday, He helped me get to 1 p.m. (& I even went grocery shopping for 2 hours & wasn't hungry & consequently buying a lot of junk food!) I repeat...I would NEVER be able to do this in my own strength! He is AMAZING!!!

But I felt like the clarity that I received was that it would be okay to continue to take the SMX job. Holy Spirit would help us, I didn't feel that "check" in my spirit (This is the only way I know to describe it!) and He would be faithful to see us through. I also told Holy Spirit that when I did feel the "check"...I would obey. I still couldn't see how this would strengthen our family, but God can do anything...right?

Well, He definitely can!

I start to tell Dale Tuesday evening about what I was thinking & he blurted out, 'Oh...no...you're not supposed to take the job' I asked why & he said, 'The Holy Spirit told me.' Dale doesn't usually talk like this & sound so certain, so while I was caught off-guard & pestered him to clarify, at the same time I was excited to hear him so sure and crediting Holy Spirit with the decision.

Fast forward to today & guess who calls...SMX. Seems some things have changed & they needed to cancel my shift they had offered. The woman apologized & I (in a daze) said, "No, that's okay!" I didn't shut them down for good, only God knows what could happen in the next month or so, but for now I guess I'm not supposed to work.

And next time my husband tells me the Holy Spirit told him, hopefully Holy Spirit won't have to give me confirmation because of my skepticism...hopefully, I'll just trust & believe.

I could blog for another hour about all that I am seeing Him do...not just in me...not just in Dale...not just in our family...but even in the people around us. I can see in their faces & hear in their words that Holy Spirit is calling us to take part in His amazing work! Hold on...He's just getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment