Friday, September 3, 2010

When Is It Enough?

Following on the heals of God's great provision for us, I kept asking myself (or was it prompted by the Holy Spirit?) is He just trying to say, "Relax, I'm going to take care of you and don't worry about the job either."???

To tell the whole story, SMX had scheduled me to start work on 9/4. I took a 2 weekend night assignment because it sounded good for our family. Yeah, Sunday & Monday would be hard (& an adjustment for the kids), but I'd only have 2 shifts instead of 5, get the same hours/pay, and still be able to homeschool PLUS we'd still have Dale's days off of Wed-Fri.

BUT, I hadn't heard from them for 2 weeks & had this nagging "feeling" that I should call to verify they still wanted me. So if you know our lives for the last few months, you can probably guess what happened. SMX: "We cancelled that shift.", Me: "Why didn't anyone call me?", SMX: "It says in our system that someone did.", Me: "I didn't speak to anyone & they didn't leave a message.", SMX: "We may have something in about 2 weeks, we'll call you when something comes up."

This is the THIRD time they've cancelled me. I went to orientation on July 8th and they still haven't worked me into a shift. I have yet to feel that "check" in my spirit that I shouldn't do this job...but have told Holy Spirit that if He shuts the door at any point, I won't force it open. So...at what point to I say, "Well that door's just closed," and move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment