Friday, June 3, 2011

It's Over!

I just finished Living Beyond Yourself...and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will never be the same again. I can't really put words to this, but there's almost an "energy" flowing through me. What if feels like is an excited anticipation...I don't know what else to call it.


It's been an amazing 11 week journey as I have thirsted to know God more and open my whole life up to the power of the Holy Spirit. I've been sharing this journey with you almost continally, so I hope I don't sound repetitive when I say that something BIG still feels like it's coming. And it doesn't feel like a warning this time...it feels like a promise.



Oh LORD, my Lord, I pray that every day I will seek to know You more. I pray that I will never fail to give you the praise You deserve because of Who You are...not because of what You've done. I pray for a heart that is broken for the things that hurt You. I pray for a mind that is captivated by You and led by Your thoughts. I pray that my eyes would see You working and moving and creating all around me. I pray I would hear You in the wind, a voice, a laugh, a cry and even a whisper. I pray for Your wisdom, Your grace to give and Your love. I pray I would allow Your love to so fill me that it automatically overflows into every life around me. I pray as I grow in You that Your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self- control would be evidenced and that those who see this fruit of the Spirit in my life would give You the praise, not me. And most of all, I just want to do Your will. I want to be so focused on You that Your discernment, Your feelings and Your power are constant and trusted. May I NEVER cease to praise You...My God, my Savior, my Comforter and my Friend.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment