Thursday, January 26, 2012

Taking His Hand Through the "Rough Patch"


Tax season is tough on our family. The kids, having mom home almost all the time, are suddenly left alone to fend for themselves more than usual. They've been trained to be pretty independent, but still, it's quite an adjustment. Dale has stepped up to be homeschool teacher two days a week and that's been a tremendous help. I even told Leah recently that he's a better mommy than I am because he gets school done and the dishes, laundry, dinner and more!

I've not been depressed or frustrated (for the most part) just overwhelmingly busy. And overwhelmed is not a good place for me to be. When I'm overwhelmed, I have a tendency to shut down. I can't shut down at work, so home is usually the place where that happens.

Then yesterday, once again in God's perfect timing, I read in Psalm 73:23-24 this amazing promise:

"Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
With your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me with honor."

I took some time to imaginitively pray through these verses and envision myself taking His Hand. I even pictured it, I think as led by His Spirit, to see His Hand as the big "Daddy's" hand as I placed my tiny little child-like hand in His.

So for now, I don't have any big plans...no grand designs of where He's leading me. Shoot...I may not have enough time or energy to do much of anything. But wherever I'm headed...I know He has me by the hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment