Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is God to Blame?



What an amazing book! I finished it a few days ago, and I'm still processing all that I learned. I previously posted about it (see Resignation vs. Revolt) so I won't repeat anything from that post. But what I was drawn to now more than at any other time in my life was Boyd's teaching on prayer.

When we adopt the warfare worldview over the blueprint worldview that most of us have been fed, we realize just how important...how vital...how urgent our prayers are. After all, when there are evil forces that are contending with God's agents and free will of choice is on the line...your prayers really do matter.

And just a few moments ago, I reread through a post from August when God's Holy Spirit spoke to my heart that He set up Boundless Ministries the way that He did because when all I can do is pray...He receives the most glory because there's no other explanation. In the past this made me feel like "There's Not Much I Can Do"... but since reading Boyd's book and being reminded of the blessing...the gift of interceding for others...I'm sensing the urgency to pray more...and more...and more.

I no longer think of this as "not much", rather, I'm beginning to see it as mighty work...an opportunity to participate in God's divine work on earth...that's a privilege I am amazed to have!
Amen!

Mentioned in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment