Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Million Little Ways by Emily P. Freeman: A Book Review



I don't really know if I can give this book a "final" review. I've been taking small doses of Emily Freeman's life-affirming words since December. Sometimes all I could process was a paragraph or two. You're probably tired of reading about all the lessons I've learned along the way. [If not, go back over these four posts: Living the Vision, part 5PrideMaking Mediocre Art, and yesterday's Back to the Playground]

There is no better assessment I can give than when an author's words linger of my heart, my mind and even my soul for hours and days at a time. The next highest praise I can give is that I know it will be a book I return to time and time again. Lastly, I know it's a book I will pass along and possibly even purchase copies to give to other women I know. 

It is not a book only for women, I just happen to know a lot of women who are asking if their life matters. Our Enemy knows that to keep us paralyzed, we must see our God-given gifts as futile, unappreciated or underwhelming. Knowing his strategy, a book like Freeman's is dangerous in the hands of a Beloved Seeker ready to explode with God's art being lived out in her life.

You matter.
You art (being a wife, mother, caregiver, baker, teacher, nurse, engineer, author, etc.) matters.
No one in all of space and time was ever pieced together by the hand of God exactly like you.
You are loved.

Now we just need to live like it!

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment