Monday, January 7, 2013

Downton Abbey


I know you're all watching it...and if you aren't...you soon will be. It's hard to believe that the most awaited premiere on television this season is a PBS Masterpiece Theatre mini-series.

Downton Abbey, now in its third season, began again last night and the wait was far too long. But maybe that's part of the appeal...with only seven episodes in the first season (called Series in Great Britain) and eight in Series Two the anticipation from winter to winter is growing as does the audience.

I began watching this during Series Two. I quickly went through Series One on Netflix and was able to go right into Series Two as it aired on PBS. Apparently, I am not alone. Yesterday, post after post on Facebook was from friends who were excited for the premiere of Series Three. For three days prior, I informed my kids that on Sunday night I would be unavailable. We don't have a DVR and I did not want to wait until Monday morning to watch it on PBS.com.

So now it has begun. The Emmy award winning show with the same great talent, witty, intelligent writing and beautiful visuals of life in the early 20th Century. I don't know how long it will last, but as long as Masterpiece Theatre keeps producing quality such as this...I'll keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment