Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Yet Another Reason Container Gardening Works So Well!


Yes...that is snow...on April 15th, in Kentucky, no less. This is from my back patio door. When it was mid-60s yesterday, and 80 on Sunday, that is far outside as I will probably get today.

But while the greenhouse plants hopefully stay toasty warm...


and the potatoes, beets, celery, sweet peas, chard, broccoli, cauliflower and kale say "Bring it on!"...


the tomatoes that I had to pot, because they were getting just too big to stay in seedling containers...


are sitting in my nice, toasty warm apartment under the grow light for today. Looking at the weather forecast, they won't be staying outside at night for a few days, but tomorrow they should be able to make a reappearance into the sunshine and 50 degree spring.

Just one more reason that I love container gardening:  opportunity for protection from absurd weather patterns!








No comments:

Post a Comment