Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lesson for the Day

Sunday, June 5, 2011:
The last few days, I've been going back through my old posts and attaching labels to them. I came across this one that I wrote last July and for some unknown reason, never published. Amazingly, and yes, in God's timing...it is STILL applicable for me today!


July 2010-
I could EASILY put behind the title of this blog #154 or higher. I feel like the last 3 months the lessons I learn each day are innumerable. But there's one I'm struggling to learn and I think the answer is to just relax & quit trying to figure out ALL the details. This is a TOUGH one for me! When I can't see how we can POSSIBLY put all of the pieces together, I have difficulty relaxing & letting Holy Spirit do His work...His way. Ugh! I'm trying :-)

Then yesterday, a mom that I hope to be getting to know better e-mailed me and was profusely grateful for starting this network of single moms. It has been a burden on her heart for a LONG time. And she finished with the remark that "it's a tough road to hoe alone." THAT'S why Dale & I have been called to do this...NOT so we can get other people involved (if others join us fine...but if not...that's okay too). We are called to this so that moms that are travelling this road alone, realize that they are NOT alone. Her words (prompted by the Holy Spirit I'm sure!) were EXACTLY what I needed to refocus my heart.

And by yesterday afternoon in Crazy Love, Francis Chan said this:

"Oswald Chambers wrote, "Never make a principle out of your experience; let God be as original with other people as He is with you." To that I would add. "Be careful not to turn others' lives into the mold for your own." Allow God to be as creative with you as he is with each of us."

I've never felt that others should home school because we do. I've never felt that I've needed to send my kids to school just because someone thinks I do. So why do I let others financial or spiritual lives concern me? Why do I try to keep up with the spending habits, level of commitment to community, or whatever of others, influence my actions and thinking, or for that matter even consume my thoughts at all??

Francis Chan's comments & the wonderful e-mail I received just once again AFFIRM that this whole story is NOT ABOUT ME!!!

God is AMAZING & I LOVE being in love with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment