Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Little Extra Thankfulness

Last night I gave Dale a little tighter hug. No, it's not TMI...it's my genuine thankfulness for his determination to stick with our family through life's storms.

I'm not a quitter & in fact, I'm just rebellious enough that if you tell me I can't do something or that I will fail at something...I dig my heels in & try even harder. But, I'm only me...and I'm SO thankful my loving Abba placed a man in my path that for whatever reason, has decided to stick it out with me.

We are not all so blessed. And we've definitely had our rough patches...some that I thought might even do us in. (You know, there are many that throw in the towel & still co-habitate.) But I am DETERMINED that God had MUCH more in mind for us when He brought us together.

So we're co-authors on this journey of writing a better story. And it's absolutely unexplainable without a Holy Spirit as to how much we are being led to love the same things, shun the same things and find joy & delight in the same things. Two VERY different minds finding a common purpose & divine plan for their lives is nothing short of miraculous!

Once again, God provided just what I needed before I ever knew I needed it. I still remember the evening...even where I was when I was sad because of hearing that someone I "thought" I was interested in was dating another. In that car as real as if He'd spoken out loud, Holy Spirit said to my heart, "But he's not My best for you." He knew Dale was His best for me...I just didn't know it yet!

Abba, thank You for arranging my marriage! You are a merciful Father that knows EXACTLY who and what is best for me. Help me have confidence that You ALWAYS will! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment