Saturday, October 30, 2010

Don't Know What to Say

Have been feeling a bit awkward about our latest blessing. Through donations from various people, we have been given a car. It's a HUGE blessing and we are VERY thankful. But I confess it's difficult to know how to say thank you to a church when you don't know whom to thank.

It's also humbling to have your church family know that you're the ones in need. I love coordinating gifts & blessings for others. But when you know a group of people have had to spend a few weeks coordinating something for you, it's somehow...different. I'm carrying the burden of expectations & fear of someone being hurt because I didn't thank them appropriately. BUT, I know that's not a burden I should bear.

So I'll thank the One that I KNOW had a part in this...and He can smooth it over with everyone else!

Abba...time and time again You have proven Yourself faithful to us. Your timing is yet again...perfect. It has just turned cold the last few days, and now Dale doesn't have to walk to work anymore. Thank You that my Fridays will now be more calm and I'll have less time spent in the car taking him to Blue Ash. Once again, we're heading into some uncertain times and I don't want to be dependent upon the gifts & blessings of others...but I know as we're being obedient to You, those gifts sometimes happen. Forgive me for thinking we have to provide everything for ourselves. Thank You that we have this amazing opportunity for You to show us and our children how much You love us and provide for us! And help me shrug off the burden of living up to the expectations of others...they probably don't expect anything anyway...I just fear that they do. Bless those who gave us this gift with the peace that they have obeyed You and in turn, helped out a part of their spiritual family. I love You, Abba! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment