Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Impeccable Timing!

We serve a Mighty God, don't we?

He is involved in every detail of our lives...right down to our Internet connection! He cares for us so much that He doesn't want us to say (or blog!) something that will make a liar out of us within the next 15 minutes. Isn't He good to us?!

I'll explain just a little. Actually, it's more like a confession.

I've already posted that I've begun the Beth Moore Study Living Beyond Yourself. As always, Holy Spirit speaks through the words He gave Beth to challenge, convict, encourage, teach and comfort me. This week has been revealing of my heart to say the least.

The whole study is about the Holy Spirit and this week I began learning about the fruit of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-23 tells us what this fruit is and the first is love. So this week I'm learning about love...God's agape love. And Holy Spirit has been teaching me so much, disclosing the secrets, fears and hope of my heart, that I've been full to overflowing. I've been reading to Dale almost daily since Saturday at least a snippet or a whole page of what He's been teaching me. And yet, I can never fully explain how Holy Spirit has put this all together for me to see.

Yesterday, I was ecstatic to get on here and blog about everything I've been learning...just knowing there's someone out there that needs to hear what I wanted to share. And then...

the Internet wouldn't connect. Ugh! I disconnected everything three times, plugged it all back in, checked all the connections, rebooted and did everything I could to get reconnected for about 15 minutes. Then...

I couldn't get logged on to Blogger. "What is going on?" I kept thinking. Not only did I need to share my heart, I was going to post some good recipes on my vegan blog too. I mean, this was important stuff...come on already! But all the while, my Abba was protecting me from making a fool out of myself and keeping me from the hypocrisy of my heart being revealed to the world. Because, you see, I have children...four to be exact...and apparently, Holy Spirit is not teaching them the same lessons about love that He is teaching me!!!

I've blogged before that I love our family Media-Free Mondays. But I've begun to despise Tuesdays...because then the kids feel the need to jockey for position on the computer, Wii, TV, Playstation all while they plug up their ears with those dastardly iPods that allow them to tune me out. Suffice it to say, Tuesdays have become almost the bane of my existence.

Yesterday was no exception! And by about 10 a.m. (early, I know!), I'd gone from riding the clouds to the heights of God's glorious agape love...to plummeting into the depths of losing it mentally, yelling at almost all and even spanking one of my children. "Woe to me, for I am undone! Because I am a (woman) of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of (children) of unclean lips!" (Isaiah 6:5)

Not only did I have to apologize to my kids, talk with them, pray with them and confess my sin to them and to God...I was also very thankful to serve a God that loves me so much He kept my Internet and blog from working!

I do still want to share what He's teaching me about love...just as you read it...if you even choose to after the hypocrisy of my heart I just revealed!...keep in mind that I in no way know what I'm talking about. All I can promise is that I'll be truthful about what He is teaching me and my heart's desire to learn to live it out.

As you can rightly guess...the implementation of these lessons is going to start within my own family. Holy Spirit knows that's the best place for me to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment