Sunday, April 21, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook


If you're noticing a running theme that I am several weeks or months behind in watching the latest movies, then you would be right. We just don't pay full price that much anymore. For us, that is a good thing.

But for our anniversary this past Tuesday, Dale and I went to dinner, using a $50 gift card he'd won at work. Then, since dinner was free, we thought we'd go to the $1.75 movie night at our local Danbarry Cinema.
We had no kids with us for a change, so we pushed the envelope and saw the rated R Silver Linings Playbook. [As to why it is rated R, I'll leave that to you to research on the IMDB link you'll find when you click on the name.]

Jennifer Lawrence won the Best Actress Oscar this year for her performance and I can't compare her performance to that of the other nominees, because I haven't seen any of the other performances. But she was good. Honestly, I think I was more impressed with Bradley Cooper's acting skills though. Had he been nominated in a year when Daniel Day-Lewis had not literally embodied Abraham Lincoln...he may have had a chance at a statue himself.

I appreciate a good chuckle and this movie had both of us belly laughing several times. It's an intelligent humor though...and that's the best. For me, this was a "slice of life" story that tried to put a good spin on the struggles we all face. That's not surprising given the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment