Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chai Tea Smoothie


This morning, I had a simple, yet tasty smoothie, that I thought I'd share with you.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup, full strength Chai Tea, cooled (preferably Fair Trade)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, (I prefer organic So Delicious)
  • Whatever extras you want ( vegan protein powder, maca, etc)
  • 2 Tablespoons sweetener of choice (I used local, raw honey but agave, maple syrup and stevia would work as well)
  • 2 frozen, ripe bananas
  • 1 cup ice (small cubes work best)


Place the cooled tea, milk, "extras", and sweetener in the blender. If you have a very tight fitting lid, give it a few pulses. Otherwise, wait until you add the frozen bananas and ice to give it some thickness too.

Some of my "extras"

With all ingredients in blender, pulse or blend until combined. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment