Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Kneading Paradise, Indianapolis, Indiana


My friend, Allison Paradise, started her own bread baking enterprise in 2010. In my attempt to live out and promote a Buy Local and/or Fair Trade Christmas this year, I wanted to advertise her business a little. She is local to the Westside Indianapolis area, but she ships too. Last Friday afternoon, we received, via USPS Priority mail, two of the tastiest loaves of bread I have ever had.


Allison uses only unbleached flour and local eggs. I'm not certain if that's the difference or if she has some other secret, but even though the bread had been shipped a few days prior, they were still soft and very yummy. My Leah agreed that the bread was delicious.

Now, I like Allison...but I wouldn't lie for her. Please keep that in mind when I share that her Italian Onion Herb Loaf is, I believe, is the best bread I have ever tasted. The Artisan Loaf was pretty wonderful too.

Allison takes orders year round, but her holiday schedule fills up quickly, so don't delay in scheduling your holiday meal rolls, breads and even some football tailgating pretzels (pictured above). You can follow Kneading Paradise on Facebook and stay current on her specials and last minute deals.

Photo: Baking mix for everything from dinner rolls to pancakes-- only $5!


She also has a popular baking mix that sells for $5.00 and can be used "for everything from dinner rolls to pancakes".  There are healthy wheat and vegan options, as well. I'm personally hoping to pick up some Nutella Croissants or Challah Bread next time I'm in Indy...or both!

Photo: This week's special- $5 for Nutella croissants. You will think you have died and gone to chocolate heaven!   Photo: This Week: medium challah for $5

If you're a Westside Indy local, you simply have to check out Kneading Paradise. If you're not a local, still consider supporting a tasty entrepreneur. Shipping is high because of the necessity to ship Priority Mail, but by ordering several loaves, you spread out the cost of shipping per loaf. The bread can be eaten fresh for up to four days, refrigerated to extend the shelf life a few days more or frozen for up to six months.

Click this link to be taken to Scribd.com so you can access a pdf file with the complete menu for Kneading Paradise. Shipping rates are not listed but you can inquire from Allison about where she can ship. Her contact information can be found on the Kneading Paradise Facebook Page or in the pdf file linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment