Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm a Junkie

I've come to realize that there is something I'm quite addicted to:  conversations about God...what He's doing, how He's healing and growing, and how we search for Him in our everyday lives.

I have been blessed to have several conversations with some ladies I know and also in my own family over the last month that have absolutely left me astonished by a God that cares about the details of our ordinary lives, yet calls us to join Him in the magnificence and amazing wonder of the hugeness of His work. Sometimes I leave these conversations almost breathless and usually always teary-eyed.

One lady called this thing a "God-chat"...and I love that phrase. Is there really anything else worthy of chatting about? If my entire life is supposed to be focused on Him, loving people in His Name and seeking His will for my own life, isn't He naturally going to be the focus of a great many of my conversations?

Whether you agree or not, I think this is one addiction I'll hang on to. I'm beginning to believe that the day when I feel like I've had enough "God-chat" is the day I'll close my eyes here and open them to see Him sitting across the table ready to hear the stories of His goodness all over again.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment