Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Recap of Day One

I promise I won't do this every day, but to start out...I thought I'd share a little about how I did. Mornings are usually the easiest and it was this time also. But I was long overdue for making my somewhat weekly sourdough bread. I thought I'd had the brilliant idea to make two batches and thus freeze two loaves. True...I could...but it also meant torturing myself with that fresh-baked bread smell for over an hour.

Somehow I made it. Texting my juicing buddy helped. Although, I began to fear that I could get sneaky with nibbling and not feel the need to make it known to her. I think that's why I had the idea to go public with this.

Sure, I hope to inspire someone else to take control of their health...but honestly my first goal is to get through these first three days. They are always the toughest. And I think this "going public" thing is working...at least it did last night.

I made crispy oven potatoes for the family for dinner. The crunchy bits in the pan were calling my name! Three times I caught myself reaching for a tiny taste and I heard "that Voice" ask me if I would be honest and share that I'd had those on Twitter too.

I, sadly, rarely stop and think before eating. This is one of my major hurdles. So at least for last night, the addition of updating through Twitter was a huge benefit.

Here's to another day of juicing! Remember...My goal is three days for now. Although I hope to go much longer, this is where I have to start.

I will definitely continue to update through Twitter. You can find me and follow along by clicking on the link to the left above.

****I feel that I need to add a brief disclaimer/apology to some of my international readers. When over half the world is malnourished, I am somewhat ashamed that I need to juice fast to break this addiction that I have had to food for most of my life. But it is the biggest stronghold I face. My prayer is that this is it...the last time I have to get it right. My Enemy is telling me this is just one more chance to fail. If me or my journey come to mind, please pray that I will succeed in letting the Spirit have complete control of everything...including food!

No comments:

Post a Comment