Monday, May 6, 2013

I Just LOVE God and How He Works!



Sometimes I am absolutely blown away at what God's Spirit does in my life and in our world. Increasingly, as the years have passed, I have become so thankful for the blessing of living in a time when the Earth has become so small. One of my greatest joys is when I check the stats on this blog and see how far God's story as He live it in my life is carried to places I may never go...to people I may never meet.

And just last week, I shared how our family had begun sponsorship of a family in Korah, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I wrote in that post, what at the time seemed like an off-handed remark, "By the Spirit's leading and His provision, [the Sendeks] are the newest members of our family. We still have our long distance son, Lazarus, in Zimbabwe, through World Vision. It seems we're making our way around Africa...and since I may never get there to visit, I am thrilled!"

When I met a friend a few days later, I made the comment that I know from past experience when I obey God without hesitation, I know He will give me even more opportunities to obey Him.

Then late last night, I had a new friend request on Facebook. This is a young man I have never met, with whom I have no mutual friends, and I have absolutely no way of knowing how he came across my name on Facebook. Immediately, the warning bells went off that I need to be cautious and guard my privacy and who knows what this person could be up to. I thought about getting the opinion of others I know and trust, and as God's Spirit has been doing more and more...I felt Him whisper, "Don't talk to others Angela...just talk to ME about it." So I did.

Turns out, what do I have to fear from someone half a world away? Oh yeah...did I mention that he lives in The Gambia in the west of Africa...a country my children and I have prayed for?

And what's the worst that could happen? There are measures on Facebook that can always be taken if anything makes me uncomfortable. But here's what the Holy Spirit impressed upon me as to why I should go ahead  and accept the request...Facebook (& to a lesser degree Twitter) have become a worldwide platform for me to share this amazing God with anyone that will take the time to stop and read it. Who am I to question how He spreads His Word? Knowing my affinity for anything that has to do with Africa and her people, how could I not accept such an outrageous opportunity to speak the Love of Jesus into another soul?

When I clicked "accept"...I have to admit I giggled a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment