Friday, May 17, 2013

Last Night My Resolve Broke

Transparency during this juice fast is important to me, so I already tweeted last night that I briefly gave in to the desire to chew. Upon further examination, I think I really wasn't even that hungry.

I had been to see Star Trek and successfully withstood the temptation of my favorite...movie theatre popcorn. By the time I arrived home though, I had an almost overwhelming urge to simply chew. I am a tooth grinder, on occasion, and I often eat crunchy or crispy foods to aid in de-stressing...like, popcorn. I am certain I could have avoided giving in, but I think too much store-bought juice (with less nutrients, see All Juice is Not Alike)  combined with fatigue made it easier to give in.

My "big cheat" was a small piece of homemade whole spelt sourdough bread (about the size of a half slice of regular bread) with 1 tablespoon homemade raw cashew butter and 1 teaspoon raw honey on it. I definitely chose healthy because of this public accountability.

I've been aware of my need to crunch for quite awhile. My hope and prayer is that now that I am learning to recognize it as it's happening, I can develop strategies to combat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment