Monday, May 6, 2013

Why Does HE Do It?




Have you ever wondered precisely why God forgives us of so much? I know I have. I've heard it explained so many times that I think I often take it for granted: He wants relationship with us.

I understand this...but again, why?

Why does the Creator of the universe...that could fellowship with anything and everything...choose to commune with the only created beings that intentionally rebel against Him? And why did He go to such stupendous lengths...the sacrifice of Himself in the human incarnation of Jesus the Messiah...to achieve this end goal?

I know...His Love for us, right?

When studying Isaiah 43 though, I found another reason that I'm still chewing on a few days later:

"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake,
And I will not remember your sins." (verse 25, emphasis mine)

Why does He pardon our transgressions...our sin and rebellion against Him?

For His own sake!

I know He's talking to Israel here, through the prophet Isaiah. And I know that as a nation, what they did and how they behaved and the idols they worshiped reflected directly upon the God that had chosen them as His people. I know He's standing up for His Name and Who He is.  I know all of this and yet ever since I've read this verse, I can't help but have some mixed emotions as to how it could pertain to me.

He pardons me...'for His own sake.'

Just let that sink in a little while...



Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment