Tuesday, May 28, 2013

In and Through

I've been mulling over a lot of things recently and most of them boil down to this one core principle that was eloquently discussed by our Executive Pastor, Tommy Baker on Sunday morning: Am I really going to live as if 'I am crucified and I no longer live, but it is Jesus who lives in me?' (See Galatians 2:20)

That's the penultimate question isn't it?

Do I truly believe that Jesus loved me and gave Himself for me (also Galatians 2:20) and because of this I am dead to myself? When I die to self, I can no longer allow my "flesh" to make the choices...all I do, say, think and am must be guided by this faith in Him as Saviour (again, Galatians 2:20).

But is that how we...specifically I...am living? Too often, the answer is No.

The implications of this are staggering. Just sit for a few minutes and imagine what life would be like lived through the filter "Not my life...but Yours". I know for me that means not being ruled by my appetite, my comfort or my pleasure. It means not buying things or going places simply because I can. It doesn't make pleasure wrong...just that I need to ask Him about anything I want to spend His money on. He also determines where I go, whom and how I serve and when and what to say. Yep...that's pretty much everything. 

Each day, my goal should be that I am one step closer to looking like the person He originally created me to be. In Acts 17:28, this is stated as "in Him we live and move and exist."

What would my life look like when I live and move and exist in Him? I'm anxious to find out. What would your life look like when you live and move and exist in Him? I don't know. Why don't you ask Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment