Thursday, May 30, 2013

It Doesn't Take Long for Change


The body is a remarkable thing...as it is designed by its Creator to be. I have been juicing two weeks and one day. I have not strictly juiced, but when I have eaten food...about 90% of my choices have been healthy. Why I find the body to be so amazing is that I could probably recount for you just exactly what has not been good for my body by how the food has affected me.

I've experienced this in the past also:

  • Eliminate all dairy for two weeks, then have some cheese and you get runny nose and congestion the next day
  • Detoxify your body completely then attempt to switch to organic soy milk (this was about nine years ago) and feel it burn all the way down to your stomach...clarifying that you are indeed sensitive to soy
  • During that same detoxification, continue to use your old Mary Kay eye makeup and watch as your eye turns red, itchy and swollen because your body is saying, "There is no way I am letting you put that c--- back on me!"
  • After having eliminated meat from your diet, have a small amount and you'll have heart burn like never before for the rest of the night
Such was the case with my beautiful meal pictured above last night. It was my oldest daughter's last home economics meal for the semester and I let her choose anything she wanted. She selected Olympian burgers which were very yummy. I had the smallest burger available and ate it along with all of the colorful, beautiful fruits and veggies you see in the photo. 

But I should have known based on my past experience with attempting to eat Vegan a couple of years ago...when you eliminate items from your body...that are just not good for your body...your body will let you know it...and quickly! So while I was thrilled to not make dinner and it was delicious...I have to remember in the future to continue to abstain from red meat. It is just too challenging for my stomach enzymes to digest and I do not enjoy heartburn.

The good news is, I'm also becoming adept at distinguishing how much wheat is too much wheat and the same goes for sugar. Discerning, listening to and obeying our God-given body cues are the best way to stay on track with our health. But I adamantly recommend a thorough detoxification first. Your body really does come alive and your senses awaken when you get all of that clutter out. No joke...the water in my shower even feels hotter when I'm cleansed and eating well!

The best thing about listening to your body is that when you do have something that irritates, you can also ask yourself what you need to eat or drink to get yourself back on track. Last night...for me...it was a mango, kiwi, orange juice, coconut water smoothie. Halfway through it, the heartburn was gone and it never returned.



No comments:

Post a Comment