Friday, May 3, 2013

Iron Man 3- Let the Summer Movies Begin



I've shared before that I am a Superhero Geek, so I unashamedly declare that I saw Iron Man 3 at midnight last night with three of my kiddos. It was the first midnight movie for Noah (14) and Rebekah (12) and I'll quickly add, it will probably be my last!

I'm just too old. Even 12 hours after arriving home, I am still groggy. And after eating better the last few years and the groggy feeling becoming so foreign to me...I just don't like it. Plus, with all that's happened with midnight movies over the last few years, at least our main theatre now offers "preview" showings as early as 9 p.m. The hype and the anticipation just weren't there like in times past when Abbey and I have attended midnight shows for Harry Potter and Twilight.

But I digress. Almost our whole family loves the superhero genre, so the three oldest were even willing to pay for their own tickets...there is a huge bonus to your kids getting older and not paying for everything for them. They even learn to pick and choose what they want to spend their money on.

And this movie was a good one to pay full price for. As expected, it's funny, action-packed and there are even a few surprises and plot twists that I didn't have figured out before they were revealed. I'm not bragging, but I've shared before that this is a pet peeve my family has with me. I have had to learn to restrain myself from blurting out the plot or the whodunit ending because it angers them. I confess...I was stumped on this one.

I believe kudos go to whoever put together all of the trailers, ads and preview segments for advertising. Usually, there is some hint as to what we can expect and the screenwriters aren't always superb at subtle foreshadowing either. Such was not the case with Iron Man 3.

I know someone that hasn't seen the first two and still enjoyed last night's viewing. So don't feel like you have to hurry up and see the others before queuing up for this one.

Overall, I'd give it an A- with the disclosure that I'm sure the grade is "handicapped" for my affinity for guys who can save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment