Monday, May 27, 2013

A Little Frustrated with Blogger


Ever since I discovered about two years ago that I could actually see statistics about where my blog readers live, I have been frustrated with trying to figure out how to get a widget to work that will display this information.

I see flag counters and maps with pins on other blogs, but I have tried several and they just don't work. It's either that or Blogger.com's method of keeping stats is way off. The latest example is Flag Counter. I saw it on a friend's blog, and gave it a try. According to Blogger, I had 40+ page views in one day, from the U.S, Canada, Mexico, Ukraine, Russia, Italy and the Philippines. Flag Counter showed 14 views from only the first three countries. Two other ones I've tried have produced similar or worse results. I'm sure it's probably something I am doing wrong, and at this point, starting one now won't include almost 24,000 views worth of data.

I was having a silly pity party about it this morning, and I felt the Holy Spirit nudging me with this question:  Why does it matter so much to you? God, are You saying this is an issue of pride for me? I replied. I could almost "feel" Him nodding His head in response. "You keep saying this blog is all about My Love, My goodness and what I'm doing in you. You don't need the world to see affirmation of that. I see it and you and I together will hide it away in our hearts...and that is enough." ...Okay.


1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! I haven't done much with my blog/website lately, but it's SO easy to obsess about the stats! I have to constantly remember why I do it - creative outlet, help to others who homeschool, personal expression, etc...

    ReplyDelete