Friday, May 3, 2013

Summer Movie Wishlist



I need to find out if there's a way that bloggers can get into publicity screenings of movies. I'm sure there is...and this summer, my budget would be grateful! I'm going to be earning a little money and I think $5 Wednesday at the local movie theatre is probably where I'll be spending too much of it.

Here's the list our family has been creating:


Abbey and I are highly anticipating Baz Lurhman's rendition of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic due out on May 10th



Another Star Trek? Directed by J.J. Abrams? and co-stars Benedict Cumberbatch? Heck, yea...May 17th is circled on our calendars!



After listening to an hour and a half of DC vs. Marvel debate between two guys sitting behind me at Iron Man 3 last night, I admit it sort of took the excitement for this one down a few notches. But still, as hokey as it looks when I watch it now, it was Christopher Reeves', Superman that began my love of all things superhero. This latest is out in theatres June 14th.


We traditionally see the summer Pixar movie release for Leah's birthday on June 28th. I have high hopes for this one. Cars 2 was a bit of a disappointment and I've had to grow to love Brave, but how can you go wrong with Mike and Sully, right? MU begins June 21st.


Johnny Depp, teaming up with the people that brought us Pirates of the Caribbean? Do I really even need to answer? July 5th...be there! 
And yes, I do remember the original...but in syndication..lest you think I'm too old!

Problem though...



Are we really going to have to choose between Johnny Depp and those lovable minions? What to do? It may have to be a "2-fer" day in our house. Despicable Me 2 also debuts July 5th!



No words...except July 26th...and our house is pulling for this addition to the future Avengers series.

After last night, Abbey said she may not attend any more midnight movies...I think she forgot this one: 



Fangirl is not a strong enough word to describe her affinity for The Mortal Instruments. She's also turned her dad, myself and several of her friends onto the series. I'm certain we'll be there August 23rd.

Honorable Mentions we'll probably see at some point: 

Much Ado about Nothing - June 7
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - August 9
Austenland- No date set for U.S. release yet

And the blockbusters continue in November through December with Thor: The Dark World, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

On second thought, I may need to just get a part time job at the theatre!

See you at the movies!

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog...I want to see all of these. I just read City of Bones last night...the whole thing! And my birthday is July 6th- if you're up for a double movie party let me know!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete