Friday, May 24, 2013

Energy!


I found this poster of plant energy, also known as photosynthesis (even though it's spelled wrong at the top), and thought it is precisely what I needed to use to convey the message of energy found in plant foods.

Think about it...following the diagram above...plants use the sun, and water to convert carbon dioxide into oxygen and life that we need. All the goodness of the sun and rainwater, plus, the plant's own amazing concoction of chlorophyll and chemicals is all trapped inside it's little plant cell walls. So why wouldn't that be exactly what your body needs for health, energy and life?

And here's what is happening to my body as I fill it with all of this life-giving energy...I become more energetic too. Granted, I can't run a marathon...yet...but I haven't trained for one either. What I am capable of is with 5 to 6 hours of sleep, not getting groggy and needing a mid-afternoon Starbucks to get me through the day. No joke, I've had only 5 to 6 hours of sleep each night for the past week and the only time I've not felt rested was the two or three when I had processed, refined food (even in small amounts) the day before. Cheese or any dairy, white flour, white sugar and meat are your enemy if you want more energy.

In documentaries like Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead or other juicing testimonials I've watched on YouTube, the common symptom of juicing that blows people away is the overabundance of energy they have and have never experienced before. Don't believe me? Give it a try!

Now, while I'm slowly building up my workout routine (because my body has been abused for far too long), I'm not signing up for any 5Ks, 10Ks, etc. Those are hopefully down the not-too-distant road. But what I am doing is keeping up with my friend's 10 month old baby everyday, household chores, walks to the grocery store and purging my house of unneeded items...all without feeling like I'm going to collapse at dinner time.

For now...I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment