Friday, September 5, 2014

It Was a Beautiful Thing




Today, I had the indescribable blessing of witnessing a vision become a reality. This isn't an everyday occurrence, so I tried my darnedest to soak in every nuance of the experience. Sometimes visions are subtle in their culmination...this one has been a full-on, blazing-signposts-pointing-the-way sort of dream.

I've been choking back the tears for a few weeks now and I held it together as long as I could in the pre-6 a.m. hours of the morning, but they managed to pour forth, just as I suspected they would.



And with one last shot of the Four...


and a goofy, extra one (which is perfectly fitting for this crew), God's plan for living out Light and Truth as a family of 6, became God's Vision being fulfilled for one who is ready to live and Love in the Name of His Son, Jesus, as she disappeared in a blurry, flurry of security checks and early morning flyers.



As Rebekah adeptly asked immediately following our last "Goodbyes" of the morning...



"What now?"...

That is a question I've pondered all day as the tears have continued to pour forth off and on throughout the day. I think for now, the answer is...

We start asking God what His plan is for living out Light and Truth as a family of 5. Oh, we'll always be a family of 6...well, I guess there is the possibility it will grow larger someday...but as Abbey fulfills God's Mission Year, I can sense that she has already inspired the five of us to a deeper willingness to obediently abandon it all so that we can live and Love in the Name of Jesus.







No comments:

Post a Comment