Saturday, October 11, 2014

Books By the Banks- Cincinnati, Ohio


My friend Sarah shares an amazing calendar of events around our area that homeschoolers may find interesting. I am always thankful for her diligence and dedication to continually update the calendar...especially today.

Once the sky went from gray to blue this morning, I was determined to get out of the house during the pause between rainstorms. One glance at Sarah's calendar and the decision to check out the free "Books By the Banks" event was an easy one.


A large convention room full of authors, books and extra freebies available from libraries, arts organizations and more? Yeah...no question about going again in the future from me.


See this man? See the engagement in his face with the toddler you can't see because his mom with the red purse is blocking the camera's view? That man is Marc Brown, author of the Arthur series of books that spawned a PBS franchise that along with the books, provided my children (and myself!) hours of amusement and life lessons.



Speaking of kids...mine were a little too old for the Kids' Zone full of crafts, face painting, balloon animals, story time and games...but that did not stop us from having a photo shoot with The Snow Queen, courtesy of  Cincinnati Children's Theatre.

The only "bad" part about the festival? I absolutely spent too much money. Local authors are evidently my weak spot. This is not surprising if you know me. Evidently, I have my reading workload mapped out for the rest of the year.


But seriously though, you should keep Books By the Banks website "book"marked and reserve time on your calendar for next year's event. If you're book nerds like us, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment