Sunday, June 7, 2015

Bus Adventures & Taste of Newport


Today was the day for a new adventure! Dale and Rebekah were off to a music festival, while Noah, Leah and I wanted to check out Taste of Newport. This was the day for our first ride on...the bus!

I concede nervousness. 

I mean, give me a train in Philly and I'm all researched, asked advice of locals and have no problem looking like a tourist, reading all the signs along the way. But in my own back yard (almost literally!), I want to at least appear a little knowledgeable.



Taking a picture of the bus stop was the first clue that I'm a newbie.

Appearances aside, the first three are back home without getting lost and with the friendly assistance of two different TANK bus drivers. I didn't have to look for parking, and Dale didn't have to pay for parking. We had an air-conditioned ride each way and were almost dropped off at our front door. 

This, my friends, for a first-time outing...was a success!

And yes, the food was delicious too! There's definitely a few places in Newport we'll be visiting again.

For the one day event, several blocks of Monmouth Street were open to pedestrians only.

We now want to come back and check out this comic store sometime when it's open.

VERY cute (& some beautiful) cakes in this store front.
To the right was a cake that resembled pancakes, with eggs & bacon on the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment