Sunday, June 7, 2015

Giuseppe's Neighborhood Pizzeria- Covington, KY


Maybe the best thing I can say to review this restaurant, is that we devoured the pizza too quickly to take a photo of it. It was that good.

Our family has always enjoyed finding local restaurants, not only to support our neighbors and keep money in our local economy, but usually, the "hole-in-the-wall" places are the best. Giuseppe's Neighborhood Pizzeria is no exception.

The server taking our order was very friendly and made a superb recommendation for the men (aka meat eaters) in our family. The Mainstrasse Monster did not disappoint with a plethora of Italian sausage, pepperoni, ham, bacon and gyro meat. The girls and I "just" had a cheese pizza. I say "just" because it was one of the most delicious cheese pizzas I've ever had.

Leah and I stopped in and ordered take out at about 5 p.m. on a Saturday night. There weren't many dine-in folks, but there was a steady stream of phone calls and carryout pick ups. Still...I was prepared for a long wait and I was surprised when after about 15 minutes we were told it was ready.

Our family will be frequenting Giuseppes' again. The price range for pizza is more than Pizza Hut, but less than Dewey's or Mellow Mushroom. I also feel great about supporting a local entrepreneur who invests in their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment