Saturday, December 25, 2010

Officially Declaring 2011 as the "Year of Conversion"

If you've clicked over to my second blog, you know I'm attempting to live a Vegan lifestyle. On that blog, you can read about how I want to convert the family to this way of eating too.

But at the heart of this "Year of Conversion", I know there is so much more. I truly believe that eating the Vegan way is just one more way that Holy Spirit is trying to strip me down so I can run His race. I really don't anticipate this being a "fun" year...but it will be amazing, I'm sure!

I think He's going to continue to challenge us with our finances...not for the sake of making it tougher on us...but to teach us even more dependance upon Him. I think He's going to continue to give us "opportunities" to trust Him. Yes, I need to look at these as opportunities, not issues.

I think He's going to ask us to give up more...our time and what we fill it with. I'm already envisioning a "media-free Mondays" plan to approach Dale & then the kids with. I'm going to have to get really creative with school and my time if I expect them to give up all computer, music, tv, texting phones & video games for 24 hours each week. But can you imagine the reconnection for our family to have people over or to play games, do crafts, cook dinner together, go to a park for a walk or just sit outside somewhere and listen to nature buzzing all around us? I think I'm liking this one already! Yes, that means no Facebook, Wii Fit or running errands for me too. I don't want to leave the kids at home to be bored while I escape to run errands.

Believe it or not, I think there's even more...but I'm not ready to put it on here yet. I still need some clarity. So I think He's calling me to a 2-3 week juicing fast. (If I get too run down physically with just juice, I'll only have fruits and veggies.) But I can't think of a better way to finish out the last week of 2010 & begin the first week of 2011 than asking Him what He wants for our family this next year.

Stay tuned...I know from His track record it promises to be anything but boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment