Thursday, November 3, 2011

Little Did I Know!

With only two months left and an oldest child turning the big "16" next week...I'm in a bit of a reflective mood I guess. On occasion, when I need some inspiration or just some reminders of how faithful God has been, I read some of my past blog posts. This is sort of a journal for me. Yes, the things that are too close or personal to reveal do go into my journal for my eyes only...but I'm such an open book about God's work in me that there isn't much that doesn't get disclosed here.

So I went back to the beginning of this year...and here's what I posted on January 1st:

Here's to a New Year!

Not much to say about the New Year other than once again, I'm sure it will bring big changes. I no longer fear this. I know we all experience change, but if I could timeline or graph the last 6 years of my life, it would show an almost constant state of change.

Yes, there have been "lulls" where maintaining the status quo has occured. But I now view these more as God's season of rest for me. He knows I can only handle so much at a time and by His grace gives me a time of respite. Then during a season of change (or sometimes upheaval!) He is always near...guiding, leading, sheltering, protecting, cheering, but mostly loving me along the way.

Honestly, people that come home from work every day, eat dinner, watch the news, zone out watching TV for a few hours & go to bed day after day...I don't know how they maintain their sanity!? When life is never dull, it keeps your wits sharp, your laughter flowing and your heart so full of God's joy that your eyes are often brimming with tears at just the thought of all He's done for you.

So here's to 2011! Don't know where the LORD will lead us, but as always, I know it will be exciting!
 
"Little did I know" is an understatement at best!
 
How could I know the financial stress and strain, the blessings, the gifts of love from God that would come my way?
 
How could I know the spiritual battles that would be fought or the revelations and huge lessons that He would teach me?
 
How could I know where He would lead us...all the way to saying "yes" to directing a ministry that says to the forgotten and overlooked, "Yes, you are loved with a Boundless love and we would delight in showing you how!"
 
How could I know that the Holy Spirit would say, "In this ministry, I do not want you to solicit donations from anyone. I will show My power and might when My people humble themselves, seek Me and pray."?
 
How could I know?
 
Well, apparently I knew something...because there it is in the last line of that post: "So here's to 2011! Don't know where the LORD will lead us, but as always, I know it will be exciting!"
 
I don't want to write off the last two months of the year...God will continue to do amazing things by the power of His Holy Spirit...but I can't help but think...'If 2011 has been this awesomely awesome...look out 2012...'cause here we come!'

No comments:

Post a Comment