Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Meditation

Over the weekend, I felt like Holy Spirit was giving me a "nudge" in a new direction. I became aware of how every day I as I'm spending a lot of time pouring out my concerns to Him...I'm not spending much time listening to Him. This is similar to what Sarah Young speaks of in her introduction to Jesus Calling. So I wondered what would happen if I just asked Holy Spirit to guide me to a passage or verse in the Bible to meditate on and then I sat quietly, what would He say?

Keep in mind, this is a hodge-podge of things He's laid on my heart over the last several months and pulls from various verses He's led me to recently. On Monday, as I read through Habakkuk 2 again and sat quietly before Him, an interesting thing happened...I began writing my thoughts. In my journal, the first few lines are from my, first person, perspective but then it seemed His thoughts became mine and I think this is what He wanted me to hear:

(It begins with me...) "The knowledge of Your glory will cover the earth like the waters cover the sea! Amen! (Hab. 2:14). I never want to go back to Law- but only by the gospel of Your grace!" (Galatians 3)
(Then it becomes not just my thoughts...)
"Treat Your body as My Temple!
The day you think this isn't a battle, satan already has a foothold. Take up your shield. Always go for the shield!
You will be reproved...but I will gently guide you back to My path. That is true discipline.
My faithfulness, My really, real reality, endures forever- the rest of this is just a smokescreen, a facade...people searching for Me, yet painstakingly satisfying it with other things. Yet they will never be satisfied because it isn't reality. It is falsehood and indulgence and it pacifies the brain but only temporarily. Everyone who's ever existed has been on a quest to find Me and My utopia...but it's not a place...it's a Person and He can only be found when He is sought with all your heart.
Come to Me and rest in My reality, My faithfulness--that is where you will find true peace--not  a false peace of TV, video games, vacations and pleasures. The man of God serving in the bush, passionately seeking Me, though his belly is empty and his clothes are threadbare, he has more peace than the wealthiest man in the world!"

I know this seems to ramble...but that's the way I talk too! It's interesting what He said when I just waited for Him to speak instead of coming to Him with my agenda of concerns to cover. Actually, on that day I think I just summed them all up by saying, 'You know what's on my heart and as they come up throughout the day help me to release them to You. But right now, I just want to hear what You have to say.' I'm glad I listened...He apparently had a lot He wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment