Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reflections On a Fiscal Year


As I was catching up today on our financial statements for Boundless Ministries, I realized we began reporting our finances as a ministry in July of 2011. That means the end of July 2012, completed one full fiscal year for us. When I looked back over the figures, I few things stood out and I think are worth drawing attention to. Why? Because they show just what an awesome God we serve.

[If anyone cares to verify my numbers, you can access all financial statements on my Scribd.com page]

In brief, during the 2011-2012 fiscal year, we received $1893.76 in donations for Boundless Ministries. $282.46 of this amount was from us because of blessings we received and tithed a portion of or a need arose that God provided an opportunity for us to meet. From the outset of establishing this ministry, we felt the Holy Spirit's leading to accept 25% of any donations as income to help support us as we served. We have not always done this because sometimes $25 came in at exactly the time we need $25 for a Single Moms' Night Out, etc. Overall, when the numbers are tallied, we accepted about 17.7% income from donations made to Boundless Ministries. Subtracting out our donations to the ministry, we received about 2.8% in income.

Why do I share this? I wish you could know my heart and understand that it is not in anyway to brag on us. No, I want to "Boast in the Lord!" (see I Corinthians 1:31)

And the mind-boggling, amazing, awesome, insert any superlative, thing that I realize...yet, again...is that even though I whine and beg and complain to Him to the point of being annoying...God has never failed us! We remain amply fed, adequately housed and clothed, healthy and loved by a God that knows better than we do what we need. Plus, He's not just providing for us, but through His Holy Spirit's inspiration, donations have helped feed, provide heat, provide gasoline and generally care for single moms and their children.

What is my hope and prayer that you'll take away from this? First, that you're never too poor to give...never. In fact, I'll be so bold as to declare that if you believe that you are, then you're believing a lie from your enemy. I know that to be the case when I think I'm too poor to give.

Secondly, my prayer is that our lives would be a living testimony that the God of the universe is still a God of provision, care, compassion and infinite Love for those who call Him Abba!

Amen!

p.s. If you've been following my whining lately...I do need to give God praise for yet more blessings through this past week. Yes, I doubt way too much and way too often...but He never fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment