Saturday, September 14, 2013

Every Article I've Read in the Last Six Months Regarding McDonalds...



...mentions Chipotle and Subway as their biggest competitors. Now, Subway still uses processed meats, full of nitrites and nitrates, but Chipotle has been attempting to prove (very successfully, I might add) that a chain restaurant does not have to use factory farming to feed people. I love that we are all waking up to healthier choices and that other fast food chains are no longer dominating the field.

One thing I appreciate deeply about Chipotle is that when their supplies are low on naturally raised pork, chicken or beef, they will post a sign at their restaurants sharing that information with you up front, where you order your food. Then, you, the consumer are allowed to make an informed decision about what you are putting into your body. What other company does that?

Over the last eight years since we first began our Chipotle addiction, I have read from various sources that Chipotle always attempts to use as much locally grown and organic produce, beans and sour cream as possible. When it is not, they are honest about that too. Most recently, I noticed they have taken the pork out of their pinto beans so vegans and vegetarians who have very few affordable options in the restaurant-dining-world can have yet another one to choose from. On my recent trip with Rebekah to Florida, I intentionally planned a Chipotle stop during our driving. I'm learning to take these extra measures because I enjoy reaping the benefits of eating healthier foods when I'm away from home too.

My timing for sharing this though was this link that a Facebook friend shared.(Thanks Deanna!) It is an amazing animated short that shows the future of our food chain. But if you really do your research, you'll realize that this is not too much of a gross exaggeration as to what our food sources already look like. Watch the clip, support Chipotle and start making changes today that will benefit you...your health...and this one planet that we all share.

[If you're a little confused at the end, apparently, there is an app game you can download as well.]

No comments:

Post a Comment