Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Beginning Hosea


I'm meeting with a few ladies this summer to study the Minor Prophets. There are 12 books of the Old Testament that fall into this category, and to be honest, I've only ever studied one of them...Habakkuk. I'm excited to start this journey with them and what follows is what I wrote in my journal as soon as I returned home.
*********************************************************

Thank You for a good start to the day! 

It began by walking to meet You (& friends) for coffee. A beautiful morning awaited and the birdsong perfectly accompanied my footfalls on a warm summer breeze.

Just the three of us over coffee and sunshine, sharing our desire and passion to know You more.

Hosea? Who's he? And why should we listen?

In a time before blogs and Twitter and texting and becoming "viral"...why do You choose one man to marry a harlot and name his children as an example? Who would even know? Who would ever care?

I do.

When I play the harlot, running to idols and false gods, what does it do to Your heart? Why do You pursue me time and again when I place "stuff" in Your path?

Grace is a gift and forgive me for taking it lightly. A reflection of You is who I long to be. Help me live what I say I believe.

The big things I have yearned to do in Your name are exposed for the vanity and pride they contain...but You...You are found in the smallness of life.

If an atom can resonate with the hum of Your creation, can't also a coffee date, a smile and a hug?

You alone are God and You desire no other gods before You. I pray this question will haunt me the rest of my days: "Am I not enough?"






No comments:

Post a Comment