Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mr. Sushi- Cincinnati, Ohio

Image

Friday night before our volunteer gig at the Aronoff Theatre, Abbey took me out to dinner for Mother's Day. My one request for this year was that I be able to stay home...all day on Sunday...in my pajamas. I also included in the "deal" that if Abbey wanted to fix something healthy and delicious, she could but there was no obligation. I really am trying to break the stranglehold of "ideals" that this American culture has on me. So I chose to do what I want, not what society thinks is "normal".

But, since it was our last show together, Abbey wanted to treat me and I obliged. I'm glad I did.

Mr. Sushi was delicious...and at our early dining hour of 5 p.m....very quick too. Abbey had a combination plate of vegetable California roll and an AAC roll (asparagus, avocado and cucumber) and really enjoyed it all. I opted for some vegetable fried rice because I'm trying to eat healthier, didn't want fishy-smelling breath as an usher, and honestly, can't eat a plain vegetable sushi roll unless it has an adequate amount of spicy mayo on it. I know...I'm pathetic.

But our server enthusiastically assured me that the chef could leave out any meat and increase the amount of veggies in my meal. When she brought out the plate, I instantly knew there was probably enough for 2-3 meals on it. 

All meals also came with miso soup and ginger salad. The soup and salad were worth the trip by themselves. 

Everything was delicious and although dinners are pretty pricey, I look forward to taking my husband (and possibly the rest of the family) sometime for lunch in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment