Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Little Bit About Me


I happen to believe you can learn a lot about a person by their surroundings. For example, you could sit down at my desk and learn several things you may or may not know about me. Such was my thought when I snapped this photo a few days ago.

First of all, you would learn that I love ordered chaos...translation: I know exactly what is in those piles and why it is there and no one better mess with it. 

 This is also a huge source of frustration for my family in our communal areas, but on my desk...the rule of law is, don't move anything.

But more deeply than this, I realized when I sat down a few days ago, that this little corner that I share with no one, is a microcosm of what is important to me.

First, this was a scrapbook desk. Preserving memories of our family is important, but I don't spend as much time on it as I could. So this has also become my study and writing desk.

This is where you get to my heart.



I started playing with a new app on my Kindle and this photo is the result. But here's what I want you to see: 

  • The red rectangle surrounds some of my study books. If you know me, you know I delight in God's Word.
  • The black oval surrounds three different cards from Fair Trade products I have purchased. To see their faces is to remind myself to spend ethically. Also, something dear to me.
  • And the red arrow points to an index card with the name of the family we sponsor through A Heart for Korah. There are also two shells from South Africa on that card, one, that looks like Mt. Kilimanjaro. To know me is to know that the continent of Africa has a hold on me for some inexplicable reason.
So there you have it, a small window into my life.

What's on your desk? 




No comments:

Post a Comment