Sunday, June 1, 2014

I Can't "Contain" My Excitement!



I mentioned in my garden update earlier today that I might pull up one of my potato bags and see what's going on with it. The photo above shows exactly what's going on with it...potatoes!

Keep in mind this is about one month before these tubers should even be ready. If you can make out that tiny dot of a potato in the picture, there were over a dozen more of those in the soil too. Not too shabby for three little seed potato sections.

I've been mulling over the worth of keeping these bags in the coveted sunny space, plus all of the water I have to give them and if it wouldn't just be better to get them out of the way and move the eggplant or squash into their spot.

After seeing what's going on below the surface, two thoughts immediately came to mind:
  • Leah...help me get more water on these other four bags!...and
  • I wonder if next year I can actually build one of those potato tower structures I've seen on Pinterest
Don't worry...I'll definitely keep you posted on the final harvest and write a final "how-to" when the potatoes are done growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment