Friday, June 13, 2014

Reality Tuesday 2 Cafe': Hebron, Kentucky

Photo: Starting today! New extended hours in Hebron! M-F 630am-9pm Saturday 7a-7p. Sundays 7a-1p! Come
Out and visit the new location this week!

My new favorite coffee shop not only serves Fair Trade coffee, delicious espresso drinks and yummy donuts and desserts...it is literally a five minute walk from my doorstep to theirs.

I am convinced this is the way we were meant to live (and how most everyone else in the world does, outside of the suburban U.S.). The ability to walk to the market or your local cafe' is something I greatly enjoy and Reality Tuesday 2 is worth the walk.

My commendation need go no further than to express that they have only been open a few months and I am already on my second frequent buyers' card. Yes...it is that good.

But more than the food and coffee, the staff are always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in making selections. I've gotten to know more than one of the baristas on a first name basis and I know they like their "regulars".

Speaking of regulars, there's a group of ladies that I'm meeting with for Bible study this summer. Reality Tuesday 2 is graciously allowing us to meet there. For this, I am thankful.

I can't express adequately how much I really want this small business to succeed. I've even volunteered to take care of plants they should put on their patio to make it a wee bit more inviting. The owners are slowly adding to the facility (which is a shared space with the new Hebron campus for Lakeside Church) and it looks more welcoming every time I walk through the door. The reason I feel so strongly about their survival is because I've seen several businesses go in and out of these three strip malls closest to us, and with the exception of sports bars, most fail within a year or two. This little cafe' brings warmth, a relaxing environment and a place for non-liquor seeking folks to congregate and hang out with their friends...something very much needed on this four block area that houses 1 grocery, four take out pizza places, four family sit down restaurants, four fast food chains, two ice cream parlors, a take out wings joint, three sports bars and three liquor stores. Did you notice I said this was a four-block area?

If you're in the Hebron area and you're looking for some great coffee or just a nice place to hang out with a friend or to drink a cup of java and read a book for awhile...stop by and support a locally owned business that in turn supports Fair Trade. Trust me, you'll be glad you did...

And you just might see me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment